Alright, so I’m 150% against Mr. Walker, always have been. This is why I voted, and voted against him. A disclaimer for what I have to say lol, I gotta keep it real.
Enough with the protests already, Christ!
I’m sorry everyone, but he didn’t operate a coup to get into office, he was voted in, and now we’re all royally screwed. That’s how the cookie crumbled that we helped bake lol. Originally I loved the protest; it was a powerful demonstration of how passionate and affected several thousands of people can be by a single man. But that is one high school graduate who is simply not going to change his mind, no matter how many people are outside his work place, or how many Democrats flee the area, or how many facebook posts are put up. People put him in this seat of power by voting for him or not voting at all, and now we have to deal with it.
Admittedly, if I only had to deal with going to the protest when I pleased, or with watching it from a distance, I wouldn’t care as much. Perhaps I’m especially miffed because I work across the street from it, right on the square. I’ll note that the following are my views only, not that of the store’s lol… obvi :) Business has gone in the toilet since this started, as have that of the nearby capital square businesses I’ve heard from; sure people are coming in hungry for lunch, making us busier than usual, but sandwiches cost way less than the rest of the things we sell. Our usual customers want to stay away from the madness and do their business elsewhere, same goes for our neighbors. So we’re insanely busy with angry protestors and are making no money… neat! The best is when someone comes in “This must be good for business huh!?” only for her to invariably walk out arms empty. Bitch.
But best of all are the insurmountable lot of hippies filling the area lol. I refer to the people who are “all natural,” will hardly eat anything outside their garden, have one chair in the center of a square windowless bedroom… and for some reason, part of the ideology is to never bathe. Free spirit translates to let’s smell like rotting carcass, it would seem. And so we’ll find our store permeated by one or two of them, nearly knocking us unconscious outright. Then it’s time to order food. Of course the majority will only order the vegetarian sandwich, that’s fine. But then some aren’t actually vegetarian, but have to interrogate us. “Um is the turkey in the turkey sandwich from within 30 miles of the city limits? Hmm I better not chance it, I’ll have the veggie.”
….BUY the damn MEAT! Fuck!
Another patron regaled me with a story yesterday, about how she had spent the past 7 days sleeping in the capital. Seven. And she smelled like a bed of roses let me tell you. She proceeded to ask if we had anything “energizing,” but added she didn’t want carbs or protein, or an energy drink.
GO HOME! :D
Funky Kong went in the capital yesterday with a friend, and I had to share her experience lol. She summed the 2 hours up as “It was just endless ‘here’s my story’ which is always the same as everyone else’s, followed by drums, then a ‘kill the bill’ chant, and more drums. Repeat.” Hahaha how excellent?
Now I realize it sounds almost as if I’m favoring Mr. Walker, or that I think we should just give up. Possibly a bit of the latter, but any way you slice it, these tactics of sending in the grossest smelling people we can dig up to lead a rousing hurrah of “kill the bill” is having no effect lol. It’s fruitless, and there won’t be fruit for a while. Yes we may not have metro buses soon. Yes we may not have badger care soon. And the UW may split off, and tuition will go up thousands per semester. And the unions are fucked. It’s all fucked lol, at least for another year minimum if not four. Maybe next time we’ll actually use our brains to vote for someone with sense. But until then, I think it’s about time to wrap things up, my protesting sisters, maybe even take a shower and eat some meat. Go wild :) I, for one, have a workout, Glee, and assorted alcoholic beverages awaiting me tonight. In protest.
The one good thing about continuous protests is in the long run. They may not be able to get him to change his mind, but there is a lot of thinking and publicity going on around the country. Scott Walker may have just won the 2012 Presidential election for Obama with his hard hardheartedness.
ReplyDeleteThat's very true. Even if we're screwed in the meantime maybe some good will come out of it in a few years...it better! I can't stand it anymore lol :) "smells like perfume and ass"...
ReplyDelete