The last week and a half has certainly had its ups and downs, but then when don’t they? I enjoyed a lovely Valentine’s Day evening with the boy last Sunday, including a visit to Paisan’s for dinner followed by a marathon of Queer as Folk at my place lol. Small gifts and cards exchanged of course. Fast forward to today, and after a couple weeks of testing the waters, he and I decided to just be friends. Certain things came to light that I felt couldn’t be overcome in the long run… more detail upon request offline out of respect :) What’d I expect, right? I don’t regret trying things with him at all, it was a very eye-opening experience in several ways, and better showed me what I’m looking for in a guy down the road. But for now, I return to the lands of the single and skeptical.
Still, not all is awry. This weekend I’ll return to the go-go boxes, entertaining the masses as I love to do. Also been seeing Birdo more in the past week, missed that bitch… and now collaborating with her on a little somethin for next week, should be spectacular! Planning to buy a new car this summer, and coming closer to a model and financial plan for it, very excited :D Business at the store has picked up ridiculously this week, being across the street from the epic protest at the capital.
Thousands upon thousands of people, morning till night…. It’s really something to see, you’d think they started concerts on the square already. I would go myself if that volume of people didn’t make me anxious. And while I admittedly don’t follow politics often, this is actually one of the more crushing moves on our lovely governor’s part and deserves this level of response. If only he would be willing to make any sort of compromise or listen to the people who put him in office, but he won’t budge of course… and that’s the rich part; many of the people affected by this are the intelligent folk who voted for him in the first place. Well done guys lol. There are also rumors of him wanting to separate UW Madison from the rest of the UW system as part of the budget plan, which would just be the deepest of retardations.
Again the phrase “What’d you expect” comes to mind :) Perhaps he’ll be recalled in a year, but I shan’t hold my breath. Instead, this Madison gay will expect the worst, assume dictatorship will reign for the time, say FUCK IT, and continue to live fabulously with the incredible friends I love. Now off to play Wii, work out, and dance, then see my wonderful peeps tonight…perfect day.
SHAN'T!
ReplyDelete