Last Saturday I took off work to join a caravan of 7 gays traveling to the Wisconsin Dells for a 30th birthday party at a fabulous resort (the Wilderness) for the weekend. As a good friend of mine would say, there begins and ends the problem lol. We all knew in the backs of our heads what might unfold. Here’s what actually did… hang on to your knickers.
The resort itself was incredibly large, and gave you no reason to leave. 3 indoor waterparks, restaurants, cute little arcade, casino right down the road…not too shabby. Upon getting into our room, the birthday boy and his boyfriend unloaded our entertainment supplies… several 2 liter bottles of hard liquor, mixers to match, a box and bottle of wine, a case or two of beer, and more. I should mention that the room itself was quite nice, though clearly meant for 4 at best. Two queen size beds and a pull out sofa were the only offerings…oh dear.
Several drinks and shots later, it was time to enjoy the water. Two of the rides in particular were great; one where you go down a slide in an inner tube with 2 to 4 people, which empties into a toilet bowl of sorts… lol you go around and around the giant bowl until you empty out the hole in the bottom. Isn’t that how it always is? The other “ride” of note was the wave pool, an enormous pool with large tides going from one end to the other. Somehow I got nominated to drag the party out to sea along with another lol so I was often exhausted. But drunk. So whatever :) The highlight of this portion, and possibly the weekend, was when this mom stands up in the water in front of our 5 connected inner tubes, and promptly gets kicked in the back of the head by the person in front :D Just throws her hands up and face plants hahaha dumb whore… then all 5 tubes of people go over her before she can resurface hehe. Oh how we laughed!
But onto what everyone really wants to read about eh? We come back to the room after a few hours of this, and decide to begin the nighttime activities with a riveting game of Twister. And what else would gays come up with than to have each round’s loser get naked. As luck would have it, aka my overly flexible body, I did not lose once. But that is not to say that I did not get mighty familiar with the nether regions of my good friends :) Just anus, staring me in the face. A true delight! Now that half the party was naked, it was time for an old fashioned card game of Asshole. Fitting. At this point I had been drinking for 7 hours, which is a couple more than is typical for me lol, so I opted to drink at my own pace and just watched the game. The varying presidents came up with ever-so-clever rules such as the loser has to play naked, or sit on another’s bare lap. In my stupor I thought how odd it is, the obsession with nudity… as if none of us had seen it before. But it was still entertaining of course lol.
Now it’s around midnight, and people decide it’s “time for bed.” A joke to be sure, but what’d we expect? While I can only assume what took place from the sounds, I can say for my own part that I was only without cloth briefly, in the side room with the sofa, and during a massage. Then I chatted with the masseur, having an absolutely hilarious conversation while the others had their fun… lol which I was quite happy with.
The main topic of that conversation was very curious, an ongoing situation that everyone was aware of, but few commented on aloud at the time. One of the group, we’ll call him Gilbert lol, is with a guy for the last year and a half who he claims to love very much, more than anything and anyone and he’d do anything for him, blah blah blah. But Gilbert has what my friends and I like to call ‘malleable morals,’ convenient values that can be reshaped and changed with each passing minute, so that you can do whatever you want but at all times you’re still “sticking with your principles.” For example, Gilbert threw the “I have a bf” flag when it came time for naked twister, but an hour later could be seen jacking off a fellow partier. As this is going on, he’s chatting with his bf on the phone, accusing the bf of being a cheat :) At one point I walked in the room during such an indulgence into someone’s pants, and I glared at him… he accused me of being a cock block, to which I responded “As it happens, your cock block’s name is (insert bf’s name)!” which everyone applauded and cheered to lol. In fact, he regularly checks the bf’s emails, texts, etc to keep tabs on the guy. Curious level of trust for such a loving relationship. Though what’s so great is that he thinks he’s not doing anything wrong, as if there’s something wrong with us for suggesting such a thing. Gilbert is still underage, to which I say look, you’re quite young, you don’t know what the word love means. Sew your wild oats and settle down later since you can’t handle things now, k? And I’ve known others with malleable morals; they’re usually the first one in the room to say they are the most ethical person around, with the most steadfast principles. It’s such free entertainment, I’m so grateful this sort of person exists lol.
I’m not especially judging Gilbert, he’ll learn sooner or later how life works. I, having gotten these lessons years ago, am just intrigued by the whole thing. While I fully admit to having been in open relationships and things, I’ve never done anything and hidden it from a serious boyfriend / done things without his seal of approval. Is this becoming a rarity? I thought my views were progressive enough, being totally ok with people’s open and outside-the-box relationships, but honesty and being on the same page is still important…right? Or is that old-fashioned thinking still?
Should we just do whatever we feel like, as long as no one is hurt by it?
Openness and honesty are completely needed an required in open relationships and such. We should do whatever we feel like, as long as no one is hurt by it - and not being honest and open *IS* hurting people. Sounds like "Gilbert" is cheating hard ('haha'), and that *is* a bad thing.
ReplyDeleteI'm not a judging person anymore - I think people should do whatever makes them happy. But when you're hurting other people by lying to them, you're doing a Bad Thing, and then I don't mind judging you. :P
I mean, I'm trying to have an open relationship (that hasn't actually been much in the way of open yet), but I've been completely open about my feelings and thoughts to him. I feel it's extremely important.
First, so good hearing from you again! Been too long :) And second, thank you! For both reading this and your reply lol. I completely agree, miscommunication is a number one cause of issues I feel... poor Gilbert needs to learn this hehe. Also really happy you're with someone and trying new things, yay all around!
ReplyDeleteI can tell you're still a bit old fashioned because you say phrases like "Sew your wild oats and settle down later" :-) Gotta love yo momma!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a delightful trip, and I'm glad to find out I'm not Gilbert... :-P
Haha my phrases are fun! :D
ReplyDeleteOnce again, an insightful blog entry. However, do you consider Gilbert's boyfriend a friend? I'm wondering if by letting Gilbert act as he does, you're condoning his actions. If you were in Gilbert's boyfriend's shoes, would you want to know?
ReplyDeleteThat's a fair question. I have never met Gilbert's boyfriend, no... so we are not friends. Additionally I told Gilbert several times that what he was doing was wrong, hence him calling me a cock block lol... I feel like I would definitely want to know what was going on were I the boyfriend, so I could act accordingly / decide if this is something I can deal with. But this is just me lol. Thanks for the comment!
ReplyDeleteIt has been too long! I'm disconnected from all the Wisconsin happenings so I try to read what I can, when I can. ;)
ReplyDelete